- Fix DeprecationWarning in tomli.
- Support editable hooks (PEP 660).
- Use the TOML 1.0 compliant
tomliparser module on Python 3.6 and above.
- Ensure TOML files are always read as UTF-8.
- Switch CI to Github actions.
- Avoid shadowing imports such as
colorlogin the backend, by moving the
_in_process.pyscript into a separate subpackage.
- Issue warnings when using the deprecated
pep517.checkmodules at the command line. See the PyPA build project for a replacement.
- Allow building with flit_core 3.x.
- Prefer the standard library
mockfor tests on Python 3.6 and above.
- Silence some static analysis warnings.
- Deprecated the higher level API which handles creating an environment and installing build dependencies. This was not very complete, and the PyPA build project is designed for this use case.
Pep517HookCallerto run hooks with a different Python interpreter.
- Fix for locating the script to run in the subprocess in some scenarios.
- Fix example in README to get
- Created documentation on Read the Docs
- Various minor improvements to testing.